Cruel Treatment of Animals
How to act when animals are being treated cruelly?
- Take photos (= collect evidence)
- Talk to people living nearby or other witnesses
- Always remain unemotional toward the animals’ owner and do not insult him; that usually worsens the situation.
- Try to talk to the owner and perhaps even offer your help, for example, providing a drinking basin.
- Do not threaten to call the police right away; in most cases the animals’ owner is right under the existing poor animal protection laws.
- Always act in pairs (bearing witness in court); with businesses in writing.
- Talk to animal protection organizations or the local veterinary office about what you are doing. (Sharing experiences)
- Always keep original copies of evidence. Give officials only copies.